Happy 2012!

Happy New Year dear friends!
I hope this New Year  brings with it new goals and opportunities to explore, joy, happiness and health. Here are a few pictures of our Brazilian New Year.  As some of you might know, Brazilians have a tradition of wearing white, but there are plenty of colors in the flowers and fireworks:) 

I love Brazilian New Year traditions; Besides wearing white, everybody throughs flowers in the ocean for Iemanja, the Godess of the Seas in the Afro-Brazilian local culture. We also made a huge fire to burn all our old traits and feelings we don't want to take into the next year.  For those who came from Sao Paulo and Rio, we also have the tradition of jumping 7 waves for good luck.
My outfit for the night






I hope you had wonderful celebration with the close friends and family. And wish you all the best in 2012!
Love
Lana

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful pictures......... My girlfriend would love to have you as her personal shopper!!

    ReplyDelete